As this research summary states, “…worker comfort directly affects… productivity, job satisfaction, retention… and at its most basic level, of course, worker health.” Whether you work from home, a cubicle, desk or office, making it your own and taking certain steps to get organized and comfortable will make your day-to-day better.
Here are some relatively easy (and cheap) ideas:
Organize with spruced up touches:
- Get a clip-on drink holder. Never spill on important papers again.
- Keep all of your small items (think paper clips, staples, tape, etc.) in an ice cube tray. The perfect solution to that anxiety provoking top drawer you’ve been avoiding.
- Use a dish-rack as your filing system!
- This artificial grass pot = your new pen holder.
Make it look like you:
- Your favorite looking placemat would look perfect below your keyboard. Some ideas: http://bit.ly/1F9MbBW
- Feng-Shui your desk. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/1aA3zyH
- Look at our “The Beloved Work-Space” Pinterest board. You can thank us later.
- Get a back support for your chair. We’re currently using this one as we write.
- Back still hurting? That’s probably because your computer screen is too high or low. There are two ways to go here: a) buy a desktop or laptop lifter or b) bring two of your favorite books from home and prop the screen on top.