Happy Oscars weekend! I’m getting giddy just thinking about it. Why? Any excuse to have people over, make some good food, and pretend we’re film critics is a good time in my book. That being said, every year, by the middle of the Awards I find myself dozing off – the boredom of those overly long, dense speeches get the best of me. I’m sure you can relate.
Well, this year, let’s change it up and ACTUALLY have some fun the whole time. Without further ado, I present to you the Oscars 2016 game. Get ready.
Here’s how it works:
Every time anyone see one of these five things happening, take a bite of your Academy Award inspired hors d’oeuvres (recipe to follow); however, if you feel like breaking the rules, we won’t mind if you just make this a full-fledged Sunday-Funday drinking game.
- Every time someone says something about thanking the Academy
- Every time Chris Rock changes his outfit
- Every time someone makes an awkward joke
- Every time anyone stumbles up stage
- Every time the camera zooms in on Meryl (Streep, obviously)
Next, if and when you see any of these, take a swig of that fancy drink you made (obviously, recipe below):
- If you won any category – you’ll want to print out ballots before the show starts and have everyone fill them out so you’re all ready to go. Print the poll out here.
- If Leo wins
- If a speech gets the music
- If anyone vapes (lol)
- If anyone is mid eating/drinking on camera
Now for the recipes:
For the hors d’oeuvres, really fancify the whole thing and make these Tuna Tartare Cups, which were actually served at the Oscars a few years back. Yum.
In terms of the drink, stay true to the show and make a cocktail using Piper Heidsieck Champagne, the SAME bubbly all the celebs will be getting buzzed off of. We’re super into the “Oscars Buzz,” crafted by the smarties at Salt&Wind.
Game away, Slicers!