It’s been a big week for San Francisco — and we’re looking at an even bigger weekend. Record breaking heat. Giants playoffs. Fleet Week. America’s Cup. Hardly Strictly. Litquake. And, of course, you can’t forget major shows from Flo and the Biebs.
Curious to see how everyone was preparing for all the hubbub, we decided to check in with our SF users and see what they were shopping for online. Check out our list below to see what folks in SF were spending the most on this week.
Despite the chaos, SFers tended to stick true to form. Instead of beach balls and concert gear, they bought…gadgets and peacoats. A grand total of six out of the top ten items were electronics, with the hot-off-the-presses Kindle Fire as the tech buy that SF spent the most on.
As a bit of an outlier, the big ticket item this week was a Marc by Marc Jacobs satchel bag. Though, come to think of it, the bag is actually the perfect size to carry everything you’d need to make it through the weekend. Sunscreen and Kindle Fire included.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs – ‘Maverick Whillas’ Satchel, black (Nordstrom)
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9”, 4G LTE Wireless, 32 GB (Amazon)
- Sony Alpha SEL50F18 50mm f/1.8 -E mount, 49mm filter (Crutchfield)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7-Inch, Wi-Fi (Amazon)
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6”, High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (Amazon)
- Joie ‘Ashlee’ Linen Top (Nordstrom)
- Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax, iOS/Tablet/Smartphone/AirPrint Compatible (C11CB92201) (Amazon)
- VIZIO VSB211 32-Inch Sound Bar with Subwoofer (Amazon)
- Seawall Track Pant II (Lululemon)
- Prim the Know, coat (ModCloth)
So, SF, whatcha think of the new Kindle Fire?