Between preparing for the presidential debates next week and rooting for their beloved Yankees, New Yorkers need their energy but probably don’t have the time for errands as mundane as going to the market. A closer look at what they’re buying this week revealed that they’re taking their grocery shopping online and leaving the rest up to the delivery man! Looks like New Yorkers spent thousands of dollars this past week on produce from local darling FreshDirect, a Bronx-based godsend if you’ve got a hefty grocery order and aren’t a fan of lugging it home via the Metro, or worse, on foot. We’ve already noted how much Slice users love FreshDirect – looks like they’re only picking up steam!
On top of dietary staples from FreshDirect to carry them through the week, New Yorkers put the rest of their paychecks toward gadgets from Amazon and eBay, tunes from Apple and, fittingly, airplane tickets. The hot airline this week? Looks like United, with American Airlines coming in second (perhaps American’s recent troubles have peopleopting for United more so than usual?) Just like any big city, New York’s got plenty of transplants, so naturally they’re making plans early to head home for the holidays.
Let’s take a look at what was trending this week:
- Amazon: Philips Sonicare replacement brush heads, an Android app inspired by Dante’s Inferno and Panasonic in-ear headphones. An eclectic mix.
- FreshDirect: Red seedless grapes, farm fresh and organic honeycrisp apples, pears (finally in season, which means you should make this amazing recipe!), avocados and figs (and this recipe!). Can you tell just how much we love the flavors of fall?
- Apple: Rovio’s Bad Piggies app, AppleCare and Adele’s Skyfall. Slice users have good taste in music and know a thing or two about responsibly protecting their Apple products.
- eBay: Nikon camera case, Guerlain foundation and the Apple iPhone 4. Hope the Guerlain, at least, wasn’t an already used item!
- United Airlines: Well, plane tickets, if it weren’t obvious.